The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Friday, November 09, 2007

Candy!!!!

I woke up this morning to a shower of Mike and Ike's candy being poured on my head as I lay on Rand's floor. Good times!

Last night I went to my first business mixer, thrown by our local Washington Mutual. It was great! There weren't a lot of people there, and two of the "small business owners" were actually MLM people (it was hilarious seeing them go head-to-head about how much better they were than the other guy), but I met some really nice people and made a few good contacts. The nice thing about dog training is that everybody knows somebody who needs their dog trained.

I also won two prizes and came home with $20 in Starbucks gift cards, $20 worth of movie gift certificates, and a whole bunch of candy. Which leads to the Mike and Ike's. I sent most of the candy off to Werner's school, but ate a few of the M&Is and left them in a safe (ha!) place on my dresser. Rand's had a cold the last few days so he has been waking up a lot at night. I finally gave up at 3am about sleeping in my own bed and camped out on his floor.

Apparently I was a lot more tired than I thought, since I didn't hear Werner leave or Rand get up. What a mom, huh? Somehow Rand found the candy, sampled it, and thought it was so delicious that he wanted to share it with me. So he poured it on my head, shrieking, "Candy! Stuck in teeth!"

Such a lovely way to start the morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home