The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Chowdah

We went to Sweet Tomatoes (Arizona's Soup Plantation) between plays on Saturday and Rand had three bowls of clam chowder.  He declared his new favorite meal and wanted to make it at home.

So we did!  I do cook with my kids a lot, but it tends to be the same recipes over and over again (waffles, cookies, etc).  It was really fun trying a new recipe (Catherine, I know you love me so you won't judge my recipe choice) that neither of us had made before.  We chopped vegetables together, whisked, and simmered, and finally declared it a success!

We made from-scratch biscuits to round off the meal, and it was delicious.  He took soup and biscuits to school today for lunch, mostly I think to brag about how he made it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home