The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thanksgiving....2 months late

We had a nice, quiet Thanksgiving here at home. Well, as quiet as it could be with a bunch of dogs. Doug came out to spend the week and it was so nice seeing him. We went to Texas Roadhouse, which Rand declared his new favorite restaurant, watched a few movies, and Doug got to help Werner work on his play and go to Rand and Ella's Thanksgiving celebration at their school.
I had a really frustrating dog over Thanksgiving who WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT and was driving me crazy. I finally came storming in and half-jokingly told Rand that I would give him $10 if he could catch the dog for me. He was on his way outside to get a book he left in the car, and a few minutes later he came back inside crying. He told me that he tried to catch the dog, and was holding onto his collar, but the dog jumped around and stepped on his bare foot. I felt terrible, and apologized, and helped him get shoes and a leash. He went out and then actually got the leash on the dog and brought him inside. Then I was a lousy mom because I didn't have $10 in cash, so I compromised by giving him some candy with a promise to give him the money in a few days. Serves me right for making a statement like that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home