The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Cabinets!

One of the things I love about our house is that at last, we have room to get some fun pieces of furniture. While I adore Ikea, I've had a great time scouring craigslist looking for interesting, unique pieces. This cabinet is about 80 years old and made by an Amishman in Pennsylvania. The brass pitcher and silver vase are from my Grandma.

We decorated these shelves in Ella's room with adorable little dog bookends that were my Grandma's when she was a young girl. The teacups belonged to my Grandma, as did the vase on the left. My mom cross-stitched the picture on the bottom right.
This hutch in the kids bathroom is also an antique -- it was pretty battered, but a coat of mint paint made it pretty cute.


Last but not least, we got this cabinet for our bathroom (the downside to pedestal sinks!). My favorite part about it is the solid glass knobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home