The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Friday, September 26, 2008

Volunteering

Life is going on here as normal....I have been busy with dog training, which has been fun. Ella is starting to smile and coo like crazy. She especially loves getting her diaper changed, which I think is hilarious.

Yesterday I went and volunteered at a Special Olympics riding class. It's run by a local vet out in Surprise, and she gives lessons four days a week. I think that I will be starting to help regularly on Thursdays -- Werner gets one night a week to go out and have fun, and now that I'm a) not pregnant and b) Ella's old enough that I can leave for a few hours without a problem, this is going to be my night out.

It was so nice hanging out with horses again. I forgot how big they were! Even though I haven't done anything with horses in four years, it was funny how everything came back to me. I was able to help the kids cinch them up and bridle them without any problems. The program really encourages independence, so the kids need to do as much as possible and we're there to keep them on task (they tend to get a bit distracted) and help if necessary. Now I need to go buy a pair of boots!

Isn't Ella pretty in her dress? It used to be mine when I was a baby -- thanks, mom, for keeping it!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home