The Amazing Adventures of Rand and Ella!

Dedicated to keeping family and friends up-to-date on the daily adventures of Rand and Ella.

Friday, May 02, 2008

Because he has no toys....

Yesterday morning Rand came up to me, carefully holding something between his thumb and index finger. "Mom, what's that?" he asked me. I looked -- and it was a dead fly. I said, "It's a bug." "Yes!" he said, excitedly. I didn't want to make a big deal out of it, so I said that was cool and for him to throw it in the trash when he was done looking at it.

Next thing I know, Rand is next to the arm of the couch, pushing the fly along and saying, "Choo choo! Chugga chugga chugga!"

Is this child so deprived that he plays with dead insects instead of toys?

~~~~~~~

The two of us drove up to Sedona on Tuesday to visit Great-Grandma. We had a lovely visit with her and four of her friends. Rand loved being the center of attention for the afternoon! At one point, he started calling one of the older men "Grandpa." It was very sweet and funny but also a bit sad as I thought of my own Grandpa who should have been there, playing with his great grandbaby.

~~~~~~~

And I knew this would happen sometime.....we were all hanging out last night when Rand went over to Daddy, put his hand on Daddy's tummy, and said, "Daddy has a baby in his tummy! Wait for the bump!" (Rand likes to put his hand on my belly and feel the baby kick.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... sounds like my little brothers and sister! (the fly thing)

7:23 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

11:57 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home